Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Companies like Goldman Sachs have monopoly on news and PR--Taibbi

"I’m aware that some people feel that it’s a journalist's responsibility to "give both sides of the story” and be “even-handed” and “objective.” A person who believes that will naturally find serious flaws with any article like the one I wrote about Goldman. I personally don’t subscribe to that point of view.
  • for every one reporter like me, or like far more knowledgeable critics like Tyler Durden, there are a
And there are probably another thousand poor working stiffs who are nudged into pushing the Goldman party line
(how many political reporters with no experience reporting on financial issues have swallowed whole the news cliche about Goldman being the “smart guys” on Wall Street? A lot, for sure).
  • They have the ear of the president if they want it.

Given all of this, I personally think it’s absurd to talk about the need for “balance” in every single magazine and news article. I understand that some people feel differently, but that’s my take on things."

  • Goldman of course ridicules him in response.*Alinsky Rule #5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home